Monday 11 March 2013

Radio Gaga

On Tuesday 19th February, Digbeth Speaks had its radio debut! I was invited by the nice people at BBC WM to talk about our project on the ‘Pete Morgan @ Breakfast’ show (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00st3kt). This was also my first radio appearance and I was a little nervous thinking about the thousands of listeners. Thankfully, the interview was lined up the afternoon before so I didn’t have too much time to fret. That having been said, seated in front of a mic at 6.50am, live radio going on all around me, it all felt rather surreal: before I knew it I was being introduced and I knew that my time was now! I soon settled into my stride and actually rather enjoyed it: it felt great to be telling people about our project, and hopefully inspiring them to tell us their stories. It seemed to be over very quickly, so I hope that there will be a chance to go back in the near future!

Carly Hegenbarth, Project Manager




No comments:

Post a Comment